A daily devotion

Now, enjoy one of the world's all-time favorite books as it challenges you in your daily walk with God.

Monday, January 16, 2012

A Man with a Burden


AS I walked through the wilderness of this world, I came upon a
certain place where there was a den; and I lay down in that place
to sleep; and as I slept I dreamed a dream.




I dreamed, and behold I saw a man clothed in rags standing in a
certain place, with his face turned away from his own house, a
book in his hand, and a great burden on his back. I looked and
saw him open the book, and read therein; and as he read, he wept
and trembled: and not being able to contain himself any longer, he
broke out with a lamentable cry, saying, “What shall I do?” 
John Bunyan's Pilgrim's Progress


Bunyan depicts the man with an actual burden on his back. It is extemely large and weighed heavily on the man. It was clear to those around him.


We all are burdened by something, especially today. Unemployment, debt, uncertainty of the future, health, family, and worrying about worrying.


God calls us to Himself, "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Matthew 11:28


If you are weary, burdened or feel like you can't go on read it again. "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest."


God is good!



No comments:

Post a Comment