A daily devotion

Now, enjoy one of the world's all-time favorite books as it challenges you in your daily walk with God.

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Sound the Warning


"Then said the man, 'Neighbors, why have you come
after me?' They said, 'To persuade you to go back with us.' 
But he said, 'That can by no means be. You dwell in the City of
Destruction, the town of my birth, and dying there sooner or later, 
you will sink lower than the grave, into a place that burns with fire 
and brimstone. Be more content good neighbors, and go along 
with me.'" John Bunyan's Pilgrim's Progress


The people we see everyday live in the City of Destruction. It is hard to believe, since they are our neighbors, friends, and co-workers, but they have a destiny that is not one to look forward to. We have an entirely different destiny and we need to stop keeping it a secret.



We must talk about why we have a different destiny. If this causes them to see Christ's divine love, they would no longer speculate why God would be interested in them. They need to understand how the blood of Christ paid the penalty for sin. How Christ's blood and not their good works is worthy to be accepted as the ransom for the worst of sins. Only then the neighbor can recognize that he is accepted by God, not because of who he is, but because of the value God puts on the blood, obedience, and intercession of His Son. Seeing this from someone they know has more value and worth then any sermon or booklet they may pickup.








I have a destiny I know I shall fulfil
I have a destiny in that city on a hill
I have a destiny and it's not an empty wish
For I know I was born for such a time as this

Long before the ages You predestined me
To walk in all the works You have prepared for me
You've given me a part to play in history
To help prepare a bride for eternity

I did not choose You but You have chosen me
And appointed me for bearing fruit abundantly
I know You will complete the work begun in me
By the power of Your Spirit working mightily

Mark Altrogge

© 1986 People of Destiny International/Word Music

No comments:

Post a Comment