A daily devotion

Now, enjoy one of the world's all-time favorite books as it challenges you in your daily walk with God.

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

The Cross

"Now I saw in my Dream, that the highway up which Christian was to go, was fenced on either side with a Wall, and that Wall is called Salvation. Up this way therefore did burdened Christian run, but not without great difficulty, because of the burden on his back.
He ran thus till he came at a place somewhat ascending, and upon that place stood a Cross, and a little below in the bottom, a tomb. So I saw in my Dream, that just as Christian came up to the Cross, his burden loosed from off his shoulders, and fell from off his back, and began to tumble, and so continued to do, till it came to the mouth of the tomb, where it fell in, and I saw it no more." John Bunyan's Pilgrim's Progress


It was the darkest place on earth. The sky was torn asunder by holy anger. Death reigned of a moment and his throne was made of the wood of the cross. Affliction rejoiced loudly and Misery danced wildly. The hill was named Galgatha, the Place of the Skull. It was death row. A place of anguish. It was here I met my savior. 

I was brought before the cross because my debt was great. I was a horrible worm of a sinner. I was bankrupt and any good I displayed was deceitful and superficial. Therefore I was brought there in chains and my fate was death.

There He was upon the cross. I knew that the man on the cross saw right through me. I bent over sick as I fully saw my sinful life. He looked down on me with love and acceptance. He was the only one to ever see me for what I was and yet he loved me so. He told me it was finished and it was then my burden of sin fell away.


Is Jesus calling you, today? Do you hear His loving voice? 'For he says, "In the time of my favor I heard you, and in the day of salvation I helped you." I tell you, now is the time of God's favor, now is the day of salvation." II Corinthians 6:2


Turn your new life over to Christ. Ask Him to live His life through you. "I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me." Galatians 2:20






No comments:

Post a Comment