A daily devotion

Now, enjoy one of the world's all-time favorite books as it challenges you in your daily walk with God.

Saturday, March 17, 2012

The Groom is Coming

"Now as Christian, stood looking and weeping, behold three Shining Ones came to him and saluted him with 'Peace be to thee;' so the first said to him, 'Thy sins be forgiven': the second stripped him of his Rags, and clothed him with Change of Raiment; the third also placed a mark on his forehead, and gave Christian, a Roll with a Seal upon it, which he encouraged him to look at as he ran, and that he should give upon his arrival at the Cœlestial Gate. So they went their way." John Bunyan's Pilgrim's Progress

This is a wedding ceremony. The bride has met her groom. She has been dressed in virgin white. She has taken on a new name, the name of her beloved. She will live with her lover forever more.


"All who are victorious will become pillars in the Temple of my God, and they will never have to leave it. And I will write on them the name of my God, and they will be citizens in the city of my God--the new Jerusalem that comes down from heaven from my God. And I will also write on them my new name." Revelation 3:12

"My beloved spoke and said to me, “Arise, my darling, my beautiful one, come with me. See! The winter is past; the rains are over and gone. Flowers appear on the earth; the season of singing has come, the cooing of doves is heard in our land. The fig tree forms its early fruit; the blossoming vines spread their fragrance. Arise, come, my darling; my beautiful one, come with me.” Song of Solomon 2:10-13


It is extremely important that we realize that we are preparing ourselves for a wedding with our groom. The groom is preparing to come. Will Jesus find his bride in bed with another? When someone is in love they always talk about that person. The phone is always pinging with texts from that person as they can't stand not to be in some form of contact with their love. There is no thought of another.

Matthew 16 refers to a wicked and adulterous generation that will need signs. Christ is looking for his bride to love Him. Do you love Him? Can you not bear to
be separated? Do you find yourself constantly calling Him or texting Him or are you in bed with another?

"But I have this one thing against you. You do not love Me as you did at first (first love)." Revelation 2:4

Return to your groom. Renew your love. Read His love letters to you. It is not too late.

You've Lost That Loving Feeling:
The Righteous Brothers:

You never close your eyes anymore when I kiss your lips.
And there's no tenderness like before in your fingertips.
You're trying hard not to show it, (baby).
But baby, baby I know it...

You've lost that lovin' feeling,
Whoa, that lovin' feeling,
You've lost that lovin' feeling,
Now it's gone...gone...gone...wooooooh.

Now there's no welcome look in your eyes
when I reach for you.
And now your're starting to critisize little things I do.
It makes me just feel like crying, (baby).
'Cause baby, something in you is dying.

You lost that lovin' feeling,
Whoa, that lovin' feeling,
You've lost that lovin' feeling,
Now it's gone...gone...gone...woooooah

No comments:

Post a Comment